Location: Estill Public Library
100 Peeples Avenue
Estill, SC 29918
· Supervises operations of the circulation desk; trains all assistant and substitute staff.
· Maintains work schedule for all employees and accurate records of fees and fines.
· Assists patrons with requests for materials from other libraries.
· Answers information requests from patrons; if unable to answer refers them to Director.
· Assists patrons with use of public access computers.
· Courteously handles any problems or complaints from patrons.
· Works with town and/or county officials to keep branch clean and in good repair.
· Orders books, magazines and audiovisual material within the budget approved by Director.
· Organizes story hours and other programs for children and adults
· Works with local friends group, attends meetings of Hampton County First Steps.
· Complete any additional tasks as assigned by Regional Director.
· Furnish statistics to Hampton Board of Trustees at monthly meetings.
· Must have a high school diploma or GED; Associates Degree preferred, good public service skills and basic computer
· Must have knowledge of practices and techniques of library operations.
· Must have knowledge of organization of library’s collection and materials.
· Must understand circulation procedures, how to locate available books and materials to meet
· Must be able to supervise others and handle any disciplinary issues
How to Apply:
This is a full time, permanent, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of the Library.
To apply, complete an application (available online at ahjlibrary.org) and submit to Patty Still at AHJ
Regional via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at PO Box 280, Allendale, SC, 29810 or turn in
your application at 297 Main Street N., Allendale, SC.
Applications must be submitted by September 15, 2019.
For more information, please contact Patty Still at the Regional office in Allendale or call 803-584-3513.
The Allendale-Hampton-Jasper Regional Library Board welcomes applications from dynamic, innovative and service-oriented candidates for a Director.
The ideal candidate is a leader who is service-oriented and will lead the continuing development of library services in a South Carolina three-county rural library consortium. The system has five libraries within Allendale, Hampton and Jasper Counties, South Carolina.
Salary range: $58,000 - $63,000 annually, with excellent benefits. This is a full time position with an anticipated start date of October 1, 2019. Applications will be accepted until September 1, 2019.
If this position is of interest, please send your application and résumé to email@example.com
Job Title: Bookmobile ManagerLocation: Allendale, Hampton and Jasper Counties, SCSalary: $22,617
Job Description:· Issues borrower's identification card according to established procedures.· Drives bookmobile to specified locations following library services schedule and to garage for preventive maintenance and repairs.· Issues books to patrons and records or scans information on borrower's card.· Sorts books, publications, and other items according to procedure and returns them to shelves.· Locates library materials for patrons. Requests materials from library system for bookmobile patrons.· Answers routine inquiries and refers patrons who need professional assistance to librarian.· Delivers and retrieves items to and from departments by hand or push cart.· Inspects returned books for damage, verifies due-date, and computes and receives overdue fines.
Qualifications:Must have a high school diploma, a valid SC Drivers License, a good driving record, good public service skills, and basic computer knowledge and skills.
How to Apply:This is a full time, permanent, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of the Library.
To apply, complete an application (available online at ahjlibrary.org) and submit to Patty Still at AHJ Regional via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at: Post Office Box 280, 297 Main Street N., Allendale, SC 29810
Applications must be submitted by September 1, 2019
For further information, please contact Patty Still at the AHJ Regional office in Allendale or call 803-584-3513.
Terms and Conditions
pc|mac is not responsible for the content of this site.
Copyright © 2019 Allendale Hampton Jasper Regional Library